How To Take Care Of Your Mental Health During The Coronavirus
One of the biggest challenges we are facing these days is to remain positive amidst this current situation. Though dealing with an unprecedented outcome is something very difficult to cope up with, since a change is not always welcoming. Taking care of our mental health since it affects our emotional, psychological, and social well-being.
There are various ways to take care of our mental health.
- Being positive: The most basic and simplest thing we can do is be positive; this helps in keeping stress at bay. Being positive is a state of mind, which can be achieved by keeping ourselves busy in various activities like doing the things we like, doing household chores, reading, working from home, grooming oneself, etc.
- Keeping in touch: Since man is a social animal, socializing is a bare necessity for survival. Though social distancing is the need of the hour these days, thanks to our technology, we can always keep in touch with our families, friends, and relatives through calls, video calls, chats, and messages. Relations are important in life since they are necessary for our well-being and survival.
- Honing your skills: There is no better time for learning something new, this is the best time which we get to our disposal to learn a new skill. We can upgrade ourselves by learning a new course online, by cooking, by writing, etc. This will help us to be more competent once we get back to work since times will never be the same.
- Exercising: We should even make it a point to include exercise in our daily routine, since it not only helps in keeping our weight in control but also lowers blood pressure, eases symptoms of depression and keeps the mind sharp and active. Exercising is great combat to keep stress at bay since it keeps to not only physically but also mentally fit, which is necessary for your overall health. Exercising also stimulates the production of neuro-hormones like norepinephrine, which not only improves cognition and mood but improves thinking clouded by stressful events, and it also releases endorphins, which keeps us happy. It keeps the body fit and induces better sleep.
- Meditation: Meditation helps to calm our mind, improves concentration, improves our mood, helps us control our mind, increases the serotine production hormone for improved mood and behavior. It not only calms our mind but relaxes our body too.
- Practicing gratitude: Gratitude is one of the most crucial aspects which we tend to ignore so easily. We should make it a point to keep prayer as our daily routine since we are far blessed that others who may not even have the basic necessities at this moment.
- Hobbies: Hobbies are something which we always love doing, something that will keep us busy and our minds distracted. Doing a hobby gives us a sense of fulfillment, a desire in life, and a passion for a purse.
Set your mental health a priority since it is important for well being